Saturday, September 29, 2007

Lifestyle

Nope, I'm not there just yet. I'm still adjusting back to my routine and all. Lifestyle here and there are so much different; it will take me another week or so.

Since I've turned 30 several months ago, I've been thinking a lot about my health and what I am supposed to do to make myself age smoother. I guess my purpose isn't something like wanting to live forever, but I also do not want to die by 50 either. Before I left for Thailand, I had made an appointment with a family doctor, and here last Thursday, I went off to see him. I'm very proud of my choice of my very few docs and he is one of them. Dr. Stines is about 52 years old and is a very very nice guy, though that isn't what I will be talking about him. His wife told me the reason he has left a big coporate practice is because they never allow enough time for him with his patient though he felt like he needs more time with each one of them. So here he is, having his own practice and his wife has become his medical assistance. I just think that's really cute. Anyhow I talked with him last Thursday about whether I should get a physical exam--you know those annual blood works, choresterol, stuff like that. He signed, and said there is no need for it now. He said something like that is used to detect bad stuff and he feels it is not needed by people younger than 50 years old. He said he guess if I want to I can go ahead and get that done, but he doesn't think that the result of my exam will help him treating me anyway. He went blah blah blah of how inessential annual is for another 10 minutes and told me, " I will let you know when you need it, alright!"

Now....I don't know. I guess I will just listen to the MD--the degree I don't have. I mean, I have to listen to him, right?

1 comment:

OakMonster said...

Pond, it doesn't hurt. If you can afford it, I'd say go for it.

But then again, that will depend on your family medical history. I have diabetes runs in the family, so it's better for me to keep my eyes out for it. My doctor agrees on that one. But heck, I'm 30 and I don't lead a very healthy lifestyle. I take all the help I can get to monitor my health.

Just my 2 satangs. :)