Friday, May 25, 2007

Childhood Memory


I think about Doraemon today. Strange, isn't it.

When I was little, I read so much of Japanese cartoon books (just like any other Thai kids back then I guess.) I don't remember when I first started flipping through these cartoons, but back then, I remember, it costed only 8-10 baht a piece. Back home, I have a pretty impressive collections of cartoon book and so many of them are very classic like Doraemon. They are so old and dusty though and that it has always forbidden for everyone, again everyone including my parents, to throw them away...ever!!! Doraemon is a very easy cartoon to read, comparing with those girl cartoons out there. I've spoken to a lot of people who don't read cartoons such as my sister, simply because they have no clue where to start and which box they should read next. Doraemon is a clean cartoon..very easy to read and to go about it. Cartoons bring back a lot of childhood memories. I still have a friend back home who still fonds with cartoon and I'm sure if I live in Thailand, my collection will be larger. I just miss it if you know what I mean.

1 comment:

OakMonster said...

I have 3 words for you: Door to Anywhere.

Of all of Doraemon's inventions, I'd love to have that door. :)