Monday, April 23, 2007

The King

So I've voted for the King of Thailand today.

There is a comment section on Time website for voters to express why they've picked who. I thought for a second and that I did not leave a comment--my reasons are in my head, my feelings. I really can't express them through words. Man....this makes me wonder, how the hell did I graduate from a journalism school, hahaha.

Similar to other Thais I think. We have got so much to say, but don't really know where to begin. The King has been influent our country for so long and he offers extremely positive and warm reinforcement through his actions to the country and how people view himself as a whole. It is so funny though because the Time website has mentioned about how he is not so much known outside Thailand, but really, does it really matter?

I think when you act as a positive role model and mentor to people in your own home, you do not need to be known world wide. Like I've always believed, it is bigger for a person who being a rock for his or her own family BEFORE stepping outside trying to be one for others. He is the one who makes me strong believes in monarchy when it is ran a proper way--just like the way he has been doing in the past decades. Especially when I look at other problems world wide. We believe we are very blessed.

No comments: